Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Road Trip



This past weekend, the girls and I made the 12-hour trip to Tuscaloosa for my brother and sister-in-law's (Derek and Lynn) first baby shower and for my 10-year high school reunion. K and Mo were excellent travelers and Kerrie and I gave new meaning to nighttime driving. We left San Antonio at 9:30 PM on Thursday night and got to Tuscaloosa at 9:45 AM Friday morning. We then left Tuscaloosa at 2:30 PM Sunday afternoon and drove up to our driveway in San Antonio at 3 AM Monday morning. Thankfully, we all had the day off on Monday to rest up for work.

So, back to Friday, we get in town and Derek and Lynn have no idea we are coming in town. Pop tells Derek to meet him for lunch and then we drive up. I think we got him. He was much surprised. Then, we had to figure out how to tell Lynn that we were in town without making her blood pressure skyrocket and send her into labor (background - she is about 5 weeks out of being due, has been on bed rest for about the past 6, and has been having to check her blood pressure every 15 minutes or so since then - in other words, a little excitement = baby arriving way early). So after lunch, we head back to Derek's and he carries Karlyle in and says, "Lynn, look at the baby I found outside." Way funny. Friday night, we also made it to Tokyo - the best Japanese there is. Those are the restaurant pics below.

On Saturday, Derek and I got to watch LSU football together for the first time since the Peach Bowl against Miami last December - the score ended up being about the same. That night, we went to the baby shower (the pic above was outside the lakehouse)and then Kerrie and I headed over to my 10-year reunion. I got to see quite a few of my old friends from high school and Kerrie and I got to dance for the first time in a while. Of course, by midnight, we had to go home because we were tired - oldness has set in.

Overall great weekend - the 24 hours of driving was definitely worth it.


The good rider - this was Friday morning after about 10 hours in the truck.


Big Mo singing some Faith Hill.


The lovely bride taking over - notice the speed - she must have been behind a semi.


K and her Poppa at Tokyo Friday night.


We kept trying to take a picture of her but everytime the flash would go off this was the result.


Mo, K, and Grandmomma having a chat.


Me and Kerrie - we just had rice for the first time since March.


K and her Grandmomma.


Yep - that's our daughter.


The lovely brides.


The backyard of the lakehouse.


Yep - the shower had cake.


And here are the results.


Here are the little girls singing to Aunt Yynn. And notice the blood pressure - I told you it was a little jumpy.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home