Tuesday, October 02, 2007

#1 - And #2



For this week at least, Mike's jersey says it all. I must say it is very weird being ranked #1 in the regular season. The last time it happened, I was still 19 years from being born. And of all weeks to pass up USC, it is the one where we played more like Hillcrest High School in the first half then the top team in the country. Odd.

But not nearly as odd as this past weekend's football. Texas, West Virginia, and Rutgers were just a matter of time. Florida and Oklahoma on the other hand....wow. Just like always, Tubberville pulls one out of nowhere right when everyone is looking for his head.

Leading into the Florida game, I am actually pretty happy the first half was like it was against Tulane. If we were going to have a crap half of football like that, better to get it over with against them instead of someone worth anything. I think we'll come out more focused from now on and be ready from the start. I am interested to see how Florida reacts to its loss. Tebow looked pretty pitiful on the sidelines after the end of the game. Should be interesting.

By the way, we opened a 7 point favorite and the line is now up to 9.5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home