Baby's First Picture and a Family Update

Here is the baby's first picture from a couple of weeks ago. Kerrie has been doing well save for the ridiculous San Antonio allergy season that she can now not take any of her regular medicine for.
In other news, it is official, we are moving back to DC in early June. I am staying in the Air Force and have accepted an assignment to go back north. In my first assignment, I was at the base legal office at Bolling AFB. I'll be back at the same base but will not be in the same office. Instead, I'll be working in the Government Trial and Appellate Government Division as an Appellate Government Counsel. As an Appellate Government Counsel, I will represent the Air Force in appellate review of courts-martial before the Air Force Court of Criminal Appeals (the Air Force's appellate court) and the United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces (the overall appellate court for all of the military services).
As you can imagine, things have been a little hectic and kicked into high gear here. Our house is now on the market (a beautiful little place if you are interested) and we are busy looking for houses and schools in the DC area. No, we are NOT going back to base housing. We are looking in the Burke or Fairfax area in Virginia. Kerrie is transferring back to work in the same job she had in DC and in San Antonio but will likely be working in Alexandria instead of downtown DC. Karlyle is most excited (like me) about the return of snow possibilities. Morgan is as excited as a 14 year old about to start high school can be but I think we have found her a school that she will fit right into. We are headed to DC this coming weekend to check out houses and schools.
So that's us for now. New job, new baby, selling a house, moving back across the country - not much happening.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home